Friday, March 7, 2008

Winter is back with a vengeance

Couldn't find a webcam picture of Bologna, but here's one from the resort of Sorrento on the Tyrrhenian Sea.

Well, compared to most of Canada right now, winter is pretty benign. But Winter has come back here. From a high of 26 and sunny last Saturday, it has dropped to 0 at night and 5 during the day, with rain, rain, rain. A good day to work at home. We're working on the online course for the Saint Mary's program in the Management of Co-operatives and Credit Unions.

3 comments:

Shelagh Campbell said...

Ah, so if heading to northern Europe next week (Ireland) the question becomes, winter coat, rain coat, or heavy sweater and slicker...?

The Haivens said...

Good luck deciding, Shelagh! Your guess is as good as mine.

Unknown said...

it's the middle of the night (don't ask why) and reading this delicious blog is a godsend. Good adventures -- do I see Omri on a moped ? and such trees in bloom. this is just wonderful of you to send. Even if it makes me horribly envious. Great pix of Judy and Larry.

Halifax due for a storm tomorrow and another on Monday. Weather people can't decide between 30 cm of snow or just freezing rain. Barry and Gail's video which I ordered arrived today at work and I'll watch it over the weekend. But the company warns me Im not allowed to show it to my NSCAD students (reason I ordered it in the first place) without paying them a whole lot of money. Which neither I nor my (damn&blasted) institution has. Oh well.

Continue to enjoy and next time tell me about some of the delicious food you're eating.

Joe Lynes's 80th b'day was March 8 -- perfect day for the great man -- and his daughter solicited email tributes from many of us to go in a great book to present to their dad. must have been quite a party -- but poor dear Joe would much rather be in Hebron. He had to come home becuz of hernia problems and complications with medication. Betty Peterson and I were lamenting this the other night/

Love to you all three,

Mary